Dental Clinic Tel.: +30 22410 24.544
Dental implant, or simply implant, or pivot tooth, is an artificial tooth root that is placed in the jaw bone, on which one or more artificial teeth can be pivoted. The modern materials that dental implants are consisted of (titanium) and their installation techniques are rapidly evolving, so their success rates range in very high levels. In the rare case that an implant fails, it can usually be replaced by another.
The necessary conditions for implant placement are:
- Detailed medical history of the patient
- Healthy bone of sufficient height, thickness & density (checked by X-ray or CT scan)
- Absence of active gingivitis & periodontitis
- Adequate oral hygiene by the patient
- Absence of serious health problems such as uncontrolled diabetes, various autoimmune diseases (lupus erythematosus, scleroderma)
- Not eligible patients are those who are under anticoagulant therapy, and those with impaired defense and healing function.
- Absence of hyperparathyroidism
It should be noted that age is not a limiting factor.
- Impeccable aesthetics
- Secure solution
- Not limited by the life time of adjacent teeth
- Relief from annoying creaks or voice distortion
- Effortless and stable teeth restoration
- Statistically high success rate
- An excellent alternative for teeth replacement
- From the scientific perspective, longer and more reliable solution
- Sharpening of healthy teeth is not required in order to place a bridge
- Harmless to the patient’s general health
- They are made of titanium, an antiallergic and biocompatible with the body material
- Avoidance of placing removable dentures
Documented scientific studies show that dental implants remain successful even after 30 years of use with a survival rate of the supporting prostheses over 95% at 10 years.